What Is Quant Network?
Quant Network is a private company headquartered in London, England. Contrary to popular belief, Quant isn’t a blockchain.
Rather, they’ve created an operating system called Overledger. Think of the Overledger OS like a layer that sits on top of various independent blockchains, allowing them to communicate and exchange data with each other.
The Overledger operating system also makes it easier for developers to build decentralized apps (Dapps) and smart contracts that can connect to and use multiple blockchain networks.
So, under the overledger layer, we can have blockchains that can communicate with each other, along with blockchain agnostic applications. This opens the door for a wide variety of potential use cases.
Why Would Developers Use Quant Network And Overledger?
Quant Network and Overledger have some strong and unique selling points..
- They help different blockchain networks work together. As mentioned above, Overledger is a platform that lets people build and use decentralized apps and smart contracts that can communicate and share information with other blockchain networks, even if they use different protocols.
- Overledger can handle a lot of traffic without slowing down. This makes it a good choice for developers who want to build apps that a lot of people will use.
- Overledger is designed to be secure and protect against cyber threats like hacking.
- Overledger is easy for developers to use, with a simple interface and clear instructions.
- Developers can use Overledger to make money from their apps by charging people to use them. They can charge in QNT, other digital currencies, or fiat.